The Norwegian Shipowners' Association (NSA) Cadet Program, under the Norwegian Maritime Foundation of the Philippines Inc. (NMFPI) through its Association of Shipowners – Training & Education Program (ATEP), is an unrivaled program with the objective of developing the next-generation of Filipino maritime professionals through scholarship grants and the best maritime education. It is a fully sponsored scholarship program for selected young and qualified Filipinos managed by NTC-M.
The NSA Cadet Program offers to K-12 graduating class, and even college-level applicants, a promising maritime career. The courses we offer are Bachelor of Science in Marine Transportation and Bachelor of Science in Marine Engineering, where accepted cadets are educated and trained to become future Ship Captains and Chief Engineers respectively. The chosen cadet scholars will enjoy the following:
- Scholarship in a prestigious Maritime Institution
- Free dormitory, board, and lodging during the first two (2) years of the scholarship period
- Free training and upgrading course
- A meaningful leadership, character, and career development program
- Opportunity to travel worldwide during the apprenticeship
The Norwegian Shipowners' Association (NSA) hopes the Cadet Program may serve as a model or instrument in the promotion of quality education in the Philippines in compliance with the STCW '95 requirements. As a model, it has introduced significant changes related to the enhancement of the maritime educational system in the Philippines. These changes have contributed to a new outlook and confidence among concerned parties. The Cadet Program has proven that Filipino seafarers, given the chance and appropriate resources, could definitely excel and eventually prove that they have the potential to become qualified and competent in the maritime industry.
To date, close to 6,000 young Filipinos have received the scholarship and are now serving on board international vessels as marine officers.
NSA Cadet Recruitment Process
- Online application
- Qualifying Examinations
- Written Examinations (a whole-day exam that covers Math, Science, English, Inductive Reasoning, and more)
- Computer-based examinations (a half-day exam that covers Cognitive Ability test and Psychological Profiling)
- Company Selection
- Medical (to be undertaken by candidates selected by sponsoring company)
- Endorsement to company-preferred school
The details of the examination will be sent via the applicant’s registered mobile number. Ensure to keep your mobile number active in order to receive timely updates. Apply only ONCE for SY 2024 to avoid any inconvenience during the screening process.